With the Accounts Payable Department now issuing checks on multiple bank accounts around the world, it is imperative that check processing be accurate and efficient. The initiator of the check request plays a vital role in this process. With attention to transaction details prior to submission, Accounts Payable can better serve all TROY students, employees, contractors, and vendors. Thus, we ask that you share the following information with all personnel in your area. This accounting update is also maintained on the TROY Finance and Business Affairs web page to be referenced as needed in answering questions and/or training new personnel.
Watch the Accounts Payable Informative Training Video
Check requests may be initiated as follows:
- Accounts Payable check request forms are for transactions with a company for less than $500.00 for goods or services. AP check request forms should be submitted to the Accounts Payable Department in Adams Administration Building Room 314 with appropriate documentation attached. Questions should be directed to the Accounts Payable Department at extension 3961.
- Travel expense accounts are to be completed by individuals traveling for the university. The completed expense accounts, with supporting documentation attached, should be forwarded through the appropriate chain of command for approval, and then to the Controller's Department in Adams Administration Building Room 159. Before the first approval is signed on travel expense accounts, these forms should be reviewed for accuracy, for required information and documentation, and for compliance with travel policies. Travel regulations and auditing guidelines are maintained on the TROY Finance and Business Affairs web page. Questions should be directed to the Controller's Department at either extension 3241 or 6488.
- It is imperative that all Troy University Department Heads understand IRS guidelines relating to consultant/employee status. Contact Human Resources at extension 3710 for guidance relating to the consultant/employee classification. All consultants must provide a W-9 before a consultant check can be issued. A consultant contract is maintained on the TROY Controller's web page located in the Finance and Business Affairs section. Questions may also be directed to the Accounts Payable Coordinator at extension 3244.
- Petty cash disbursement reports should be submitted by memorandum to Director of Accounting Services in Adams Administration Building Room 159 with required receipts and in required format to document petty cash fund balances. It is the responsibility of the designated petty cash custodian to assure that the petty cash fund is routinely reconciled. Petty cash policies and procedures are available upon request in the Controller's Department at extension 3241.
- Miscellaneous check requests should be submitted by memorandum (or in your previously approved format) to the Controller in Adams Administration Building Room 159. These requests must include explanation or justification for the disbursement being requested. Questions should be directed to the Controller' Department at either extension 3241 or extension 5908.