Commencement Information

Commencement ceremonies are held twice a year at the end of fall semester in December and at the end of spring semester in May. Students who complete their degree requirements during summer semester are welcome to participate in the fall commencement ceremony.

Early in the semester of the commencement ceremony, essential commencement information and Commencement Central dates are sent to students who have filed for graduation via the student's Troy e-mail address.

Commencement Central provides graduating students with a convenient one-stop access to all commencement essentials and incidentals. During this event, students may purchase caps and gowns, order invitations, announcements, and class rings, exit the TRIO program, obtain information about graduate school, career placement and services, and find out about the TROY-Dothan alumni association.

All students who are on the registrar's list to graduate will receive an e-mail with commencement information, including information regarding commencement central.

Please be sure to download all of the forms listed below, as they each contain pertinent information regarding graduation.


Fall 2018 Commencement
Sunday, December 16, 2018
Dothan Civic Center

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What if I cannot attend Commencement Central? Will I still be able to participate in the commencement ceremony?

A: If you are unable to attend CC, you should contact the Records Office for additional information.

Q: Will I be allowed to participate in commencement ceremonies if I do not complete my degree requirements as planned?

A: Only students who satisfactorily complete their degree requirements will be allowed to participate in commencement exercises.

Q: I have many questions regarding commencement procedures, academic regalia, and general information. Whom should I contact to resolve these questions?

A: A detailed information sheet covering all aspects of the commencement process will be issued during CC. If your question is not answered here, contact the Records Office.

Q: I am an honor graduate. Do I receive an honor cord to wear?

A: Only students who are members of a University-sponsored honor society will be issued honor cords to wear as a part of the academic regalia. Cords are issued by the honor society, not the University. For questions regarding the honor cords, contact the appropriate honor society faculty sponsor. There are no honor cords for students who graduate with University honors (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude).

Q: Since there are no honor cords for University honors, how is this achievement acknowledged during the ceremony?

A: The commencement program lists University honors; this honor is also acknowledged when the student is presented on stage.

Q: I do not plan to attend the commencement ceremony, but I would like to have a copy of the commencement program. Is this possible?

A: If your diploma is mailed to you, a copy of the program is automatically included with your diploma; if you pick up your diploma directly from the Records Office, you should request a copy at that time.

Q: Since I will not receive my diploma during the commencement ceremony, when will it be mailed or when may I pick up the diploma?

A: Specific dates for picking up diplomas and/or mailing diplomas will be available during CC. These dates are also printed on the diploma information sheet sent to you via mail. Students who complete degree requirements during the summer semester will receive their diplomas after the December commencement.

For More Information Contact: TROY-Dothan Records Office