The Surveying and Geomatics Sciences Program Advisory Board has recommended that all geomatics students gain two summers of work experience with a survey firm before graduation. Students acquire basic survey measurement skills, and find that employers are willing to make better job better job offers to students with basic measurement experience.
EMPLOYERS BENEFIT BY HIRING A CO-OP
- Expect improved retention for employees hired as the result of a Co-op because both students and employer has spent the time to try out the position to ensure the fit is productive and effective.
- Improve your personnel selection process by using actual on the job performance as a basis for permanent hiring decisions.
- Guarantee pool of qualified employees by supporting the Troy University Surveying and Geomatics Sciences Program.
STUDENTS BENEFIT BY HIRING A CO-OP
- Expect to land a higher paying job upon graduation because of valuable field experience received while co-oping.
- Receive course credit for each semester you co-op.
- If a student co-ops for two or more summers, they receive credit for Senior Project.