We appreciate your interest in Troy University.


Troy University is dedicated to making the transfer transition as easy as possible.  As required by
Alabama State Law, Troy University will take your course work as outlined on the STARS Transfer Guide and graduate you with the same number of hours as our native students in the same major (assuming you do not change majors).  The STARS Transfer Guide and the Troy University Area V page, if used correctly, guides the student through their first two years of course work and prevents loss of credit hours upon transfer to Troy University.  If you have obtained a STARS Transfer Guide for Surveying and Geomatics Sciences, we would strongly recommend that you print this page and use it along with your official STARS guide.  Upon transfer, please bring these documents so that we can insure a smooth academic transition from the community college to one of our Troy University Campuses. 


This is for use Alabama Community College students only.  If you are transferring to Troy University from another institution outside of the Alabama Community College System, please contact our
admissions office for up-to-date transfer information.

INSTRUCTIONS:  You are to follow the appropriate STARS transfer guide as directed in each AREA of your major specific guide, unless exceptions and/or recommendations are noted in the corresponding AREA(S) I-V on this TROY-AREA V document.  For any recommendations made below, please follow them within each AREA for a more seamless transfer experience to TROY.

MAJOR:  Surveying & Geomatics Sciences
                 (This major is available through the Troy campus only.)


AREA I-V Recommendations:


A grade of "C" or higher is required in Composition I and II at Troy University.  "D" grades will not transfer.

Students attending Troy University are required to take one general studies course in either Music or Drama (2 SH).  Community College students should take ART 113(Drawing I)(3 SH) in lieu of this course in AREA V.  If students choose to take Music or Drama at the community college for 3 SH, it will only count for 2 SH at Troy University.  The remaining 1 SH will count as free elective.

6 SH taken from Area II or IV must be international in scope.  To see a list of courses available to Troy University Students to meet this requirement, please see
Troy University's General Studies Program.


A grade of "C" or higher is required in the Math course chosen.  "D" grades will not transfer. 


Students in this program at TROY are required to completed a U.S. History sequence.  Students attending a community college are strongly encouraged to take HIS 201/202 (U.S. History I/II) to meet this requirement.

6 SH taken from Area II or IV must be international in scope.  To see a list of courses available to Troy University Students to meet this requirement, please see Troy University's General Studies Program.

No additional hours in Area V should be taken once 18-21 SH is taken from the courses listed in Area V on the Transfer Guide. 

       It is recommended that ART 113(Drawing I)(3sh) be taken in Area V in lieu of MUS 101(Music Appreciation) or THR 120(Theater Appreciation) in Area II.  If ART 113 is taken in lieu of MUS 101 or THR 120, 21 SH should be completed in area V.  If not, only 18 SH should be completed in Area V.

Troy University Baccalaureate Degrees
The student seeking a baccalaureate degree must meet the following credit hour requirements:
1.  A minimum of 120 SH
2.  At least 50 percent of the degree program must be traditional academic credit
3.  No more than 25 percent of the degree program may be earned using portfolio based credit.
4.  At least 25 percent of the degree program must be completed with Troy University.
5.  Twelve (12) semester hours of work in each major field must be completed in residence at Troy University.
6.  Students must earn a minimum of 50 percent of all degree program hours on a senior college level in order to graduate from Troy University with a bachelor's degree

Please print this page, fill in your name and today's date, and attach it to your STARS Transfer Guide.  Together this page and the transfer guide comprise the articulation agreement for students in your major who plan to transfer to Troy University.

Your Name: __________________________________ Date: ___________________

Surveying & Geomatics Sciences Contact Person

(If you have questions please contact the following person)

Name:  Steve Ramroop
Office:  129C MSCX, Troy University, University Avenue, Troy, AL 36082
Phone:  334-670-5693

Other Helpful Links: