We appreciate your interest in Troy University.


Troy University is dedicated to making the transfer transition as easy as possible.  As required by
Alabama State Law, Troy University will take your course work as outlined on the STARS Transfer Guide and graduate you with the same number of hours as our native students in the same major (assuming you do not change majors).  The STARS Transfer Guide and the Troy University Area V page, if used correctly, guides the student through their first two years of course work and prevents loss of credit hours upon transfer to Troy University.  If you have obtained STARS Transfer Guide for Environmental Science, we would strongly recommend that you print this page and use it along with your official STARS guide.  Upon transfer, please bring these documents so that we can insure a smooth academic transition from the community college to one of our Troy University Campuses. 


This is for use with Alabama Community College students only.  If you are transferring to Troy University from another institution outside of the Alabama Community College System, please contact our
admissions office for up-to-date transfer information.

INSTRUCTIONS:  You are to follow the appropriate STARS transfer guide as directed in each AREA of your major specific guide, unless exceptions and/or recommendations are noted in the corresponding AREA(S) I-V on this TROY-AREA V document.  For any recommendations made below, please follow them within each AREA for a more seamless transfer experience to TROY.

MAJOR:  Environmental Science
                (This major is available through the Troy Campus only)


AREA I-V Recommendations:


A grade of "C" or higher is required in Composition I and II at Troy University.  "D" grades will not transfer.


Students attending Troy University are required to take two general studies courses in either Art, Music, and/or Drama (2 SH each).  Community College students should only take one course from MUS 101(Music Appreciation), ART 100(Art Appreciation), or THR 120(Theater Appreciation) at the community college and wait to take their second fine arts course at Troy University.  If students choose to take both at the community college for 6 SH they will only count for 4 SH at Troy University.  The remaining 2 SH will count as free electives.

6 SH taken from Area II or IV must be international in scope.  To see a list of courses available to Troy University Students to meet this requirement, please see
Troy University's General Studies Program.


A grade of "C" or higher is required in the Math course chosen.  "D" grades will not transfer.


6 SH taken from Area II or IV must be international in scope.  To see a list of courses available to Troy University Students to meet this requirement, please see
Troy University's General Studies Program.


The remaining 7 SH in Area V can be obtained at the community college by taking 7 SH from the following:

  • ORI 101 (Orientation to College)(1 SH)
  • ART 100, MUS 101, and/or THR 120 (Art/Music/Theater Appreciation)(3 SH) - if not taken in AREA II
  • CIS 146 (Microcomputer Applications)(3 SH)
  • Physics series of PHY 201/202 (Gen Physics I/II)(8SH) or PHY 213/214 (Gen Physics w/Calculus I/II)(8SH)
  • BIO 104 (Principles of Biology II) (4 SH)

Troy University Baccalaureate Degrees
The student seeking a baccalaureate degree must meet the following credit hour requirements:
1.  A minimum of 120 SH
2.  At least 50 percent of the degree program must be traditional academic credit
3.  No more than 25 percent of the degree program may be earned using portfolio based credit.
4.  At least 25 percent of the degree program must be completed with Troy University.
5.  Twelve (12) semester hours of work in each major field must be completed in residence at Troy University.
6.  Students must earn a minimum of 50 percent of all degree program hours on a senior college level in order to graduate from Troy University with a bachelor's degree

Please print this page, fill in your name and today's date, and attach it to your STARS Transfer Guide.  Together this page and the transfer guide comprise the articulation agreement for students in your major who plan to transfer to Troy University.

Your Name: __________________________________ Date: ___________________

Environmental Science Contact Person

(If you have questions please contact the following person)

Name:  Dr. Alicia Whatley
Office:  213 MSCX, Troy University, University Avenue, Troy, AL 36082
Phone:  334-670-3776

Other Helpful Links: