What is a transcript?
A transcript is a complete record of your academic work here at Troy University. Transcripts will show the following information:

  • Coursework attempted and completed
  • Grade point average (GPA)
  • Degree earned
  • Semesters/terms attended
  • Total number of credits earned from other institutions

What is an electronic transcript?
An electronic transcript is a transcript that is sent as a certified PDF. Electronic transcripts can be sent to any valid e-mail address. Once received, they can be viewed and/or printed. When sent directly from an institution, Electronic Transcripts are considered official. However this is ultimately determined by the recipient. Please ensure that the recipient is willing and able to accept transcripts electronically.

What is the difference between an unofficial and official transcript?
An unofficial transcript is merely an unofficial copy of your academic record. This type of transcript can be used to review your records, verify what classes you have taken, grade point average, etc. An official transcript is an authorized copy of your academic record printed on official security paper, featuring both the Troy University seal and University Registrar's signature. This type of transcript is generally sent directly to an institution and not the student. It is often requested for employment, by other academic institutions, and by certifying bodies.

Where can I obtain a copy of my unofficial transcript?
Unofficial transcripts can be obtained at any Troy University Records Office with a valid picture ID and cost $1.00 per page. Currently enrolled students can also log in to Trojan Web Express using the above link to obtain a free copy.

Where can I obtain a copy of my official transcript?
Official transcripts cost $10.00 per copy. You can order a transcript via the internet by clicking the official transcript link above or via mail request addressed to:

Troy University
Official Transcript Request
Adams Administration Building, Lower Level 3
Troy, Alabama 36082

What is an Apostille Seal and who do I contact if I require one?
An Apostille Seal is a seal that is used to legalize documents for use in foreign countries. If an Apostille Seal is needed on your transcript or diploma please contact:

Apostille Seal
Call 1-800-414-5756 or email

Call 1-800-414-5756 or email

If you have a question about transcript requests, please call 1-800-414-5756.

Last Updated: 04/22/2015

Sitemap # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z