Sorority Life at Troy University
Top Ten Reasons for Going Greek
- WE’RE SMART! On average, the all sorority and fraternity GPA exceeds the undergraduate women’s and men’s GPA. Many members are inducted each year into honor societies and make the Chancellor’s and Provost list each semester.
- WE’RE LEADERS! Greek men and women who are involved in a variety of campus activities, are often the most visible campus leaders, and are the most enthusiastic supporters of University events like Homecoming, Greek-wide events, Casino night and intercollegiate and intramural sports.
- WE’RE AFFORDABLE! Fraternities and sororities at TROY do not have expensive houses or dining services, keeping our costs low and affordable for students from all walks of life.
- WE’RE NOT RICH! Greek members are not wealthy. Men and women in fraternities and sororities maintain jobs and internships, receive financial aid, and earn scholarships to afford their education.
- WE DON’T HAZE! Hazing is prohibited; it’s against the law, and at Troy University it’s enforced…plain and simple! Education seminars and presentations are given to members in meetings and forums that outline the definitions and consequences of this illegal activity.
- WE HELP OTHERS! Troy University fraternity and sorority members participate in countless hours of community work service efforts and contribute annually to charitable organizations.
- WE NETWORK! Fraternity men and sorority women have the opportunity to network through Greek Alumni for job assistance and advice, internship exposure and experience and general direction when entering the work force.
- WE’RE RESPONSIBLE! Greek members serve as peer educators and are committed to the continual education and awareness of members on the effects of alcohol use and abuse.
- WE’RE DIVERSE! Fraternities and sororities represent the rich diversity of the campus population. Members come from all different backgrounds and walks of life.
- WE HAVE FUN! Greeks have fun! Sorority and fraternity members maintain a balance between the classroom and personal time. Events such as mixers, date parties, retreats, formals, and family days are just a few activities offered for enjoyment and relaxation.