Attention Troy Campus Students: The information below is for TROY Online students Only and DOES NOT apply to those students who are taking their courses on a physical TROY campus (Troy, Montgomery, Dothan, or Phenix City). All on-campus students should contact the testing office at their home campus to schedule an appointment to take the placement exam. To reach the ACCUPLACER Testing Administrator for Alabama campuses, please contact 334-808-6241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCUPLACER Placement Exam
ACCUPLACER English and Math placement tests are required before students can register for a Math course or English composition course unless a student has previously taken a transferable course at another institution.
Students may register for MTH 0096 (Pre Algebra) without placement testing.
Students are exempt from the placement test if they meet the following criteria with scores less than 3 years old:
- ACT score of 23 (places students into MTH 1110 Finite Math or MTH 1112 Pre-Calculus Algebra)
- ACT score of 25 (places students into MTH 1125 Calculus I)
- SAT score of 520 (places students into MTH 1110 Finite Math or MTH 1112 Pre-Calculus Algebra)
- ACT score of 20 (places students into ENG 1101 Composition and Modern English 1)
- SAT (Verbal) score of 480 (places students into ENG 1101 Composition and Modern English 1)
Please complete the ACCUPLACER Registration Form. A representative from TROY Online will locate a proctor in your area that administers the ACCUPLACER Placement Exam and set you up to test there. You will receive an email from the Test Administrator that provides you with the information you need to schedule an appointment to take your exam.
Costs: Troy University pays the exam fee, but if you test at another college/university, a proctoring fee may be required. There is no proctoring fee required for testing at a TROY site.
- Testers must be admitted to Troy University and have a valid Student ID number in order to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Exam through Troy University.
- A picture ID is required to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Exam.
- Things to Know/Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have additional questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Last Updated: 11/29/2016