Q: How do I log in to Canvas?
- You will be able to access Canvas even if you are not taking an online course. All students will be enrolled in a “Getting Started with Canvas” course to begin learning canvas.
It can take up to 12 hours for your registration to show up in Canvas after registering through Trojan Web Express or Student Plannng.
Q: What is my username and password for Canvas?
- Usernames for Canvas will be the same as usernames for Trojan Web Express and TROY Email (ex. If your email is firstname.lastname@example.org – your username is jdoe for Canvas)
- Passwords for Canvas will be the same as your Trojan Web Express and TROY Email password.
Q: Where do I start learning how to use Canvas?
- All students are enrolled in a “Getting Started with Canvas” course that will walk you through the basic features and functionality students need to know. You will have continued access to this course so you can refer back to it often.
Q: What browsers work best with Canvas?
- Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge (Windows only—please make sure your operating system is also current as noted in the computer specifications lesson; you may need to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to submit Canvas assignments)
- Safari 9 and 10 (Macintosh only)
- Chrome 55 and 56
- Firefox 50 and 51 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 23 and 24 (used for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
Q: How do I get help with Canvas issues and questions?
- Canvas offers 24x7 support to help you with all of your Canvas needs. You can communicate with Canvas support via phone, live chat, or by reporting an issue with Canvas (ticket). You will find 24x7 support information by clicking the Help button inside Canvas on the Navigation menu.
- Ticket System - Students can also submit a ticket for assistance using the ticket system by logging in to http://helpdesk.troy.edu to receive support from the TROY Educational Technology Team. Choose Canvas as the problem type.
Q: How do I receive Canvas training?
- Tutorials and training information will be available within Student Resources located on the Canvas login page and also within the Canvas Student Guide
- Look for valuable training information and webinars coming soon through Trojan Cafe
Q: When will I begin taking courses in Canvas?
- In Term 5/Summer 2017 courses taught through the following colleges will use Canvas:
- College of Education
- College of Communication & Fine Arts
- College of Health & Human Services
- In Term 1/Fall 2017 all courses at Troy University will be taught in the Canvas LMS. Blackboard will be retired and not used any longer.