TROY is transitioning from Blackboard to Canvas!
Need to know information for Faculty:
- URL for Canvas is http://canvas.troy.edu.
- Faculty will get access to Canvas on March 8, 2017.
- Login for Canvas will be the same as Trojan Web Express and Email.
- All course information from Spring/Term 3, 2016 – Spring/Term 3, 2017 will be migrated over to Canvas by the Ed. Tech. Team.
- Courses taught before Spring/Term 3, 2016 can be migrated to Canvas by request through the ticket system choosing Canvas as the problem type.
- Faculty development shells will not automatically be migrated over. Faculty can use the instructions in the "Moving Materials from Blackboard to Canvas" document to move over DEV shell information from Blackboard to Canvas if necessary. Contact Educational Technology for help if you need assistance with this process.
- Faculty will receive three new development shells for Canvas. If additional development shells are needed, please make that request through the ticket system choosing Canvas as the problem type.
- Blackboard CMS content will not automatically migrate over to Canvas. Faculty can follow the instructions in the "Moving Content from Content Management System to Office 365" document to move CMS information to OneDrive within Office 365. Contact Educational Technology for help if you need assistance with this process.
- Faculty will automatically be enrolled in a “Welcome to Canvas” course that you will see when you initially log in. This course contains getting started tutorials and other valuable information. Faculty will remain enrolled in this course so they can refer back to the tutorials when needed.
- The Term 5/Summer courses will be pushed to the Canvas system on March 8th and be ready for course development. You will not see your courses for upcoming terms/semesters until you become Canvas Proficient. Participating in the upcoming training sessions will help you gain that proficiency. To register for one of the Canvas introductory training sessions, visit the TROY University Center for Excellence in eTeaching.
- Canvas has an awesome mobile app. for both iOS and Android. Download the Canvas by Instructure app. today to see all the great things you and your students can do in Canvas.