Interlibrary Loan Services
The interlibrary loan service provides the Troy University faculty, students, and staff with access to library materials not owned or available at the Troy University Library. Local residents are advised to contact their local public library for ILL service.
Interlibrary loan service is offered to the Troy University System faculty, staff, graduate students, and students in support of research and course related work. (Retired faculty and staff retain their ILL privileges.)
Materials That Can Be Obtained
- Books not owned by Troy University.
- Books owned by Troy Universitybut declared missing or lost.
- Articles from journals and newspapers not owned by Troy University.
- Thesis and dissertations, when available.
- Government documents and conference proceedings.
- Audio-visual materials. (Student requested videos will be limited to in-library use. Loan period for faculty requests is for 2 weeks.)
How to Request an Interlibrary Loan Item
- Check the card catalog online system to make sure the item is not available at your Troy University Campus Library
- Fill out the appropriate interlibrary loan form, available at the Circulation Desk or the online request form.
- Make note on the request form if the item is owned by Troy University, but is missing or has torn or mangled pages.
- Undergraduate students may request up to 10 items and graduate students and faculty up to 25 items at one time.
Turnaround and Loan PeriodThe Library transmits most requests via the OCLC ILL System. The normal time for requests to be processed is about 7-14 days. The turnaround time for delivery of materials depends on several factors-- the work load of the lending library and the availability of materials. The loan period for most libraries is 30 days.
- The patron will be notified by your Trojan email account when the material arrives.
- This material will be held by the Library for 2 weeks.
- Within each book is a slip to be signed and dated when picked up. The patron keeps the duplicate copy which indicates date when the book is due.
- It is the patron's responsibility to return the borrowed material to the Circulation Desk or ILL office by the due date.
Renewals, Overdues and Recalls
- Requests for renewals must be initiated 3 days prior to the return due date. These are extended at the discretion of the lending library.
- ILL materials are subject to recall by the lending library at any time.
- Overdue materials will be fined at $.25 per day per item.
- Patrons will be charged for any lost materials. The amount of the fine will be determined by the lending library.
- Non-payment will result in suspension of ILL services and blocking of registration.
The Troy University Dothan Campus Interlibrary Loan Department will make every effort to obtain materials at no charge or at a reasonable cost.
There is no charge for books obtained in-state. Patrons incur all costs for materials received out of state. Patron will be notified of cost before order is placed.