MODULE 1: TROY UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES: eReserves
Student Guide to eReserves
The University Library's electronic reserves system allows students to access their instructors reserve materials via the Internet. Reserve materials may include journal articles, book chapters, government documents, lecture notes, exams, etc.
In virtually all cases, instructors will provide their students with complete instructions for accessing eReserves.
TO ACCESS RESERVES:
- Reserves are accessed online at http://troyst.docutek.com.
- After you have taken that link, click the link labeled Electronic Reserves and Course Materials.
- In the box labeled Select an Instructor, select your instructor’s name and click on Go.
- Click on the course name that comes up.
- To access the material, enter the password that your instructor has given you.
ASSISTANCE AND TECHNICAL NOTES:
- Assistance: If you require assistance accessing reserves, please contact the Library.
- Technical notes: The following are two items to keep in mind when accessing reserves online.
- PDF - Portable Document Format: Many of the items on reserve take the form of a PDF (Portable Document Format) file that requires Adobe Reader (software) to view. You can obtain the software, free of charge, from the Adobe WWW site at http://www.adobe.com.
- Viewers: In the event that lecture notes or other instructor-created reserve items are provided in a format which you are unable to open, e.g., Microsoft Word, the following resources can assist you:
- Microsoft Office Converters and Viewers. These resources are available at no cost.