Housing and Residence Life
Newman Center Housing
Troy University is proud to announce the opening of the Newman Center for Fall 2013. The Newman Center will provide 376 bed spaces and will be a co-ed facility consisting of two buildings. Students desiring to reside at the Newman Center must submit an application and provide a letter of recommendation. There are some requirements to live at the Newman Center.
Persons applying for this type of living must meet and be willing to maintain the following requirements:
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.50 grade point average overall and each semester. High school GPA will be considered for incoming freshmen.
- Must be respectful of diversity.
- Must refrain from the use of alcohol or illegal drugs while in the facility.
- Must maintain the standards of the “Trojan Way”. http://www.troy.edu/on-campus-students/parents.html
- Must be engaged in some type of community service or service learning project at least semi-annually.
Proposed Newman Center Rates
- 1 Person Studio- $2520 per semester
- 2 Bedroom/2 Person Suite-$2280 per semester per person
- 2 Bedroom/4 Person Suite-$2030 per semester per person
- A meal plan will be required at the Newman Center.
Applications are available online at:
Applicants must meet GPA requirement and application and letter of recommendation must be submitted to Housing.
You may direct inquiries to the Housing Office 334-670-3346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos (click to enlarge):
Newman Center Room Measurements:
|Living Room:||21’9” x 10’3”|
|Bedrooms:||13’1” x 12’9”|
|Bathroom:||9’2” x 5’10”|
|Closet Dimensions:||24” deep
83” from ceiling to floor
59.5” from ceiling to duct