General information on login procedures:
USERNAME and PASSWORD
Login is by username (your e-mail ID) and password (your e-mail password).
Your email address is the same as your Trojan Web Express ID. If you do not know your Trojan Web Express ID, follow this link:
You can find the email password reset form here:
Technical difficulties. Scroll down for help with:
- Military and other secure computers
- All computers
- Home/office computers with firewalls/networks
MILITARY AND OTHER SECURE COMPUTERS
If you have successfully navigated to Troy University's databases page, are attempting to log in to a database, and are presented with an error page reading "Page cannot be displayed," or something similar, after clicking on any of the links to our databases, it is likely that you are behind a firewall that is blocking access to the TCP/IP ports that the proxy server uses to connect you to the database.
- If the login screen "cannot be found," start by simply trying it again. If it still cannot be accessed, read the additional help sections (below).
- If you can access the login screen, but your username and password do not work (you get a screen telling you so), start by simply trying it again (to ensure against a typo or temporary glitch). If it still does not work, read the additional help sections (below).
- SUGGESTION: To save time and frustration, you may desire to first establish whether or not the trouble is with your specific computer or if it is something else. To that end, you may contact the Library and provide us with your TROY e-mail ID and password, so that we can verify that your login data does or does not work (from an alternate computer).
HOME/OFFICE FIREWALLS, NETWORKS, ETC.
If your home or office computer has a firewall or router, this may prevent you from accessing the login screen and or logging in. Specifically:
- You cannot get to the login screen, e.g., when you click the login link, you receive a message such as "Page not found."
- You do get to the login screen, i.e., the one at which you enter your username and password, but still cannot login.