Troy University Alumni Chapter, Hampton Roads, VA
Military Spouse Scholarship
The Troy University Alumni Chapter of Hampton Roads, VA Military Spouse Scholarship is open to all non-military spouses of active duty military personnel (including spouses of guard/reserve on active duty orders) in the Hampton Roads, VA area. The recipient of this scholarship will receive a total of $350 to be used towards their Term 1, 2012 (August 13-October 14, 2012) tuition. A combination of merit and need will be considered in selecting the scholarship recipients.
- Be a spouse of active duty military (or guard/reserve on active duty orders) to be eligible. Spouses who are themselves active duty military, or in ROTC, are not eligible.
- Be currently enrolled or accepted for admission at Troy University.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Must be registered for at least 3 credit hours in the Term 1, 2012 semester which the scholarship will be used.
- Submit a current transcript (if applicable) with application.
- Submit one endorsement from a professor or other professional knowledgeable about the student with application.
- Troy University employees and their family member are not eligible.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must complete the Military Spouse Scholarship application, provide transcripts and endorsement, and submit it by the deadline. Completed applications can be submitted through one of the following methods:
- PDF application form: click here
- Deliver to: Troy University, 5425 Robin Hood Rd. Ste. B1, Norfolk, VA 23356
- Mail to: Attn: Military Spouse Scholarship, Troy University, 5425 Robin Hood Rd. Ste. B1, Norfolk, VA 23356
- Website application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T39TH2L
- Submit transcripts and endorsement via email to email@example.comPlease provide your full contact information in your email.
Deadline for submissions is August 6, 2012. Questions: Contact Maureen Johnson at 757-289-2904 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All application materials submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by the scholarship committee (Troy University Alumni Chapter of Hampton Roads, VA board members). Scholarship recipient will be notified, at the contact information listed on the application, two weeks after the start of the semester. A check for $350 will be provided to the recipient to cover tuition and fees.
Last Updated: 07/22/2012