Welcome to the eTROY Online Student Orientation Page!Are you curious about learning in the online environment?
Would you like to take an online class, but feel that you need more information? This page is designed to help you discover more about learning in the online environment, the skills and technologies that are required, as well as some helpful tips on how to become a successful online student.
Graduate Orientation Course
How Students Learn at eTROY
Take the PREPARE Assessment
Are you ready for online learning? There are quite a few differences between learning in a face-to-face environment and learning in the online environment. The information below should help to outline some of these differences.
So, what kinds of technological skills do you need to be a successful online learner? Some of the minimum recommended technology skills for learning online are:
- Sending and receiving e-mail
- Creating, sending, receiving, and printing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or other documents
- Possessing the necessary Adobe Reader software to open and print PDF files (Download FREE Adobe Reader)
- Posting and responding to discussion board questions
- Taking assessments online, such as quizzes and other exams
- Learning to navigate the course space within the Blackboard course management system
Computer Technical Requirements
In order to get the most out of your online classes, there are some basic computer technical requirements.
Just as in the face-to-face environment, there are certain policies that apply in the online course. Click on the links below to read these Troy University policies:
- eTROY Getting Started page: Step-by-step information on how to get started in the eTROY program with helpful links to guide you on your way.
- Blackboard Student Resources page: Important announcements regarding Blackboard services, along with links and phone numbers for help with Blackboard.
- Library and Library Resources: Links to the catalog, databases, course-specific guides, interlibrary loan services, and much more.
- Student Services: Information regarding online services offered to students, along with many useful links.
Good luck in your pursuit of higher education
Last Updated: 07/16/2015