Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation and Interpreter Training
Welcome to the Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation and Interpreter Training.
Counseling Program Admissions Checklist for Students
- Students will submit his or her completed packet to the department at each campus/site. This includes:
- Letters of reference (3)
- Formal letter of intent (stating professional goals, reasons you want to be a counselor, and what you can contribute to the profession)
- Copies of test scores/transcripts submitted to the Graduate School
- After submitting all required documentation to the Graduate Counseling Admissions Committee at each campus/site, students will schedule an interview at the next available time.
- At the time of the interview, students will complete an impromptu writing sample on a topic selected by the faculty.
- At the interview, faculty will utilize a structured interview to allow for consistency in the selection process.
- At the completion of the interview, the Graduate Counseling Admissions Committee at each campus/site will meet to discuss each applicant and make the decision on admission to the program.
- Students will be notified in writing of the result.
Interpreter Training Program