CYBER SECURITY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Troy University’s online Cyber Security Certificate Program educates participants on fundamentals of network protection, securing electronic assets, preventing attacks, and ensuring the privacy of your customers. Through this four-course program participants will explore the latest research and best practices from professional instructors. Hands-on lab* exercises give you the opportunity to practice what you learn and apply your new skills and knowledge. Course materials are condensed, relevant, and designed specifically to prepare entry and mid-level computer technicians with information security expertise.Participants who successfully complete all four courses will receive a Troy University Cyber Security Certificate and transcript of courses completed. Who Should Enroll: Professionals who have responsibilities tied to network management. Participants come from various job industries such as:
- General Business
- Law Enforcement
- Systems Analysts
- Course 1 – Networking Basics Receive an introduction to the basic principles and operations of computer network. Topics include network topology and TCP/IP protocol. Security concerns and vulnerabilities are discusses.
- Course 2 – Basics of computer securities & application/OS security This course covers a wide range of topics in computer/OS security. Topics include basic cryptography, authentication, attacks and defenses on computer systems.
- Course 3 – Web Security Fundamental techniques in developing security web based applications are covered. Topics include cryptography, SSL/TLS, user authentication, session management, router security, vulnerability of web based applications and how to protect those applications from attacks.
- Course 4 – Network Security Theories, principles and techniques of network security are covered. Topics include firewall, VPN, malware, intrusion detection, and network security policies.
*A hands-on lab will be offered the third Saturday of each session on the Troy Campus. The lab is voluntary and is not a requirement of the class, but students desiring to work directly with faculty may attend for no additional charge. Otherwise the lab exercises are completed online.
Course Dates – 2015Course 1 – Networking Basics - January 12 – February 8 (Lab Saturday, January 31)
- Week 1 – Definitions, Basics of Internetworking & Routing
- Week 2 – Basics of TCP and IP Suite
- Week 3 – Application Layer, Transport Layer
- Week 4 – Network Layer, Link Layer
February 9 – March 8 (Lab Saturday, February 28)
- Week 1 – Security Properties, Software Security Design Principles
- Week 2 – Application/OS Security
- Week 3 – Vulnerabilities
- Week 4 – Prevention, Review
- Week 1 – Cryptography
- Week 2 – Protocol, DTLS or TLS over UDP, Certificate Authorities
- Week 3 – User Authentication & Session Management, Threats
- Week 4 – Router Security, E-mail Defense
- Week 1 – Network Defenses, Secure Protocols, Firewalls, VPN, Intrusion Detection, SNORT
- Week 2 – Router Security, Malware
- Week 3 – Network Security Policy, Network Access Control
- Week 4 – Comprehensive Review
Registration and Course FeesSave money - Register and pay for all four online courses: $2,000.
Register for one online course at a time: $750 per course.
The textbook is an additional cost and is not included in the tuition fee.
Registration Form: Click here to register now
For registration and billing information contact the Continuing Education Center at (334) 983-0005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to log into the course does not constitute withdrawal. The Continuing Education Center must be notified directly. Withdrawal must be made by the registrant, in writing, at least three working days prior to the course’s beginning to receive a refund. Refunds will not be made available after this time. Courses are subject to cancellation based on insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, registrants will be notified and an appropriate refund will be made. Once the course begins, no refunds will be made. Cancellation Contact Information:
Continuing Education Center
P.O. Box 8368
Dothan, AL 36304
Last Updated: 10/30/2014