The following materials should be submitted to the Admissions Office at least one full term/ semester before enrollment:
- Completed application for admission to the Graduate School;
- Official transcript(s) from all universities attended (must be mailed from the universities directly to TROY – no student copies accepted);
- Official copy of GRE, MAT or GMAT scores;
- A letter of recommendation that addresses the applicant’s good potential for success in professional graduate studies and public service;
- A 500 word essay addressing the applicant’s professional goals, readiness, and potential for completing the MPA program; and
- A resume listing professional experience, certifications, and other preparation.
See the link below for admissions tips developed by faculty, such as testing advice, suggestions for the essay, and more.
The MPA Admissions Committee will evaluate the information and recommend either unconditionally admit, conditionally admit, or deny admission to the program.
Applicants may be admitted unconditionally if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Completed a master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university; OR
- Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Achieved a minimum of 2.5 GPA in all undergraduate courses or at minimum 3.0 GPA in the last thirty (30) undergraduate semester hours;
- Have an acceptable score on the appropriate entrance exam: GRE 294 (verbal plus quantitative), MAT 400, or GMAT 490;
- A letter of recommendation that fully supports the applicant's potential for success in the MPA program; and
- An essay that fully explains an applicant's goals for the MPA profession and public service and readiness for success in the MPA program.
Upon recommendation by the MPA Admissions Committee and approval by the designated MPA Program Director's representative, conditional admission may be granted under certain circumstances to applicants who cannot satisfy all unconditional admission requirements. Applicants admitted conditionally will move to an unconditional status if, after 9 semester hours they have achieved a 3.0 GPA on all graduate work attempted.
Except for holders of an MPA/MPP degree, the MPA admission requirements apply to all TROY MPA program applicants, including:
- Admission with a master’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited university (official copy of GRE, MAT or GMAT scores not required)
- Admission to the Graduate Certificate in Government Contracting Option
No MPA student is allowed to register for MPA courses without formal admission to the MPA program.
Last Updated: 09/23/2016